Imagine a search engine designed for KS2 children… What would it look like? It would be easy to use, allow safe internet searches and filter inappropriate results to give KS2 relevant, child-friendly online resources, helping children to find valuable sites with an appropriate educational focus. It would also ensure that children don’t interpret the search as ‘boring’ or ‘restrictive’. It becomes in short an ideal place from which children can explore the web. www.swiggle.org.uk from South West Grid for Learning.
Why use Swiggle?
- It’s easy for children to navigate and promotes appropriate KS2 content
- Links to the best tried and tested educational resources
- Filters inappropriate words and listings, and promotes relevant child-friendly learning resources within search results
- Provides tips and resources to help children stay safe online
- Saves teachers time, requires no setup and encourages best practice online
- Makes an ideal homepage for home or classroom computers
The website is now available at www.swiggle.org.uk and it has the potential to be a fantastic resource for pupils, teachers and for families, providing the same safe and secure entry point into the internet from home and class.