We are committed to ensuring that our web site is accessible to as wide an audience as possible. As such, we have implemented a number of accessibility features into our site to aid navigation and legibility of content.
In the near future, we hope to add further functionality to the site to make it easier to access. If you have a particular difficulty in using any element of our web site, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
with your suggestions.
For users with visual or motor impairments, our site is optimised to make keyboard navigation as simple as possible. When you first visit any page on the site, you can use your TAB key to access the following keyboard navigation quick links:
- Takes you back to the home page of the site
Jump to Content
- Skips the header and menu of the site and takes you straight to the content of the page that you're viewing
- Takes you to the site map for the site, which lists all of the pages on the site hierarchically
- Brings you back to this page
- Takes you to the Help section of the site
To move backwards through these links, hold down the Shift key, then press the TAB key.
Screen Reader Compatible
For visually impaired users who use screen reading software or a text-only web browser; our pages are designed in such a way that they are read or displayed in a logical manner, as follows:
- The keyboard navigation links described above will always be read/displayed before any other content;
- The main navigation structure of the site will be read/displayed next;
- Where applicable, the navigation structure of the site section that you are viewing will be read/displayed next;
- Finally, the content of the page that you're viwing will be displayed.